Friday 3 October 2008

Night Time In Happy Green Forest

Narrator: Night time in Happy Green Forest and as the day dwellers are curled up tight in their nice warm beds, the creatures of the night come out to play.

A moth flutters by

Monty (muttering grumpily) : Should’ve been a Butterfly …

A Bushbaby dressed in a short sleeved white shirt unbuttoned to show some chest hair, eyes like saucers darting everywhere is jigging about while a sleepy Ferret wearing a bright flowery shirt is slumped against a tree trunk its eyes fighting to stay open

Barry Bushbaby (at the top of his voice) : Oi oi! Lets ‘ave it!

Benny: I don’t know where I am …. It’s all dark … am I dying?

Barry (jigs over to the slumped Ferret and leans in close to its ear) : COME ONE YOU BEAUTYYyyyyyyyy

Benny (his eyes shoot open with an alarmed look on his face)What? Its still dark, my eyes are open but its dark whats going on?

Benny looks up to the jigging, giggling Bushbaby and a look understanding crosses his face.

Benny: Barry?

Barry: Benny Baby back in the land of the living, come on let’s get down to the waterhole ‘ave a few drinks, bit of a lurk about see the wildlife …..

Benny: Barry I’m tired its alright for you, you can sleep all day I NEED my sixteen hours sleep, you know I can’t function without it.

Barry (laughing loudly like Sid James) : yuk yuk yuk Y’ lightweight I thought you were a party animal?

Benny: That’s stoats or Weasels … I get confused

Barry ( Stops the jigging, very serious) Of course you do know the difference between a Stoat and a Weasel, don’t you?

Benny (warily) : No … I don’t

Barry (serious) : Well you See a Weasel is Weaselly recognised and a Stoat is Stoatally different Haaaaaaaaaa yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk (Barry is bent doubled tears streaming from his face)

Benny: That’s it I’m going home

Barry: Aaah come on pal … just a quick one at the waterhole … they have got a Beaver working there now … you ever seen a Beaver?

Benny (curious) : A Beaver? In these parts?

Barry: Yeah I know theys been reintroduced or something … nice tail on them mind if you know what I mean yuk yuk yuk

Benny: Big teeth though, no?

Barry: Yup she knows how to handle the old wood yuk yuk yuk yuk

Benny: You’re disturbed, I’m off ... got work in the mornin’


Benny gets up and starts to head off

Barry: Whatever dude, I’m still going .. gonna go see me a Beaver, might even give Stevie the Wonder Kid a shout see if he wants to HANG around …




Barry: Get it HANG around

Benny stops and turns to look at Barry

Benny (bored) : Yes I know he’s a Bat, look no hard feelings eh pal?

Barry (acting all hurt kicking at the floor) yeah no harm, no foul

Barry turns away and starts to plod slowly off

Benny: maybe just one drink then eh?

Benny runs to catch up with Barry.

Barry (Throwing his arm around the Ferret) You Beauty, knew you wouldn’t let me down, its going to be great!

Narrator: As the moon rides across Happy Green Forest, Two friend’s days are just starting. Take Care You.

Benny: You sure she is a Beaver? I knew a Capybara once

No comments: