Friday 10 October 2008

Yet Even More Happy Green Forest

Narrator: It’s another beautiful day in Happy Green Forest, and one of our friends is feeling a little under the weather….

In a doctor’s office a Badger wearing a red suede waistcoat and with half moon spectacles resting on the end of his snout is sat opposite a depressed looking tortoise.

Dr. Brock (in a smooth, calming, relaxing voice): Ah Sheldon how are you my friend? And how can I help you today?

Sheldon: I don’t know Dr. Brock ..

DB: Oh please just call me Brock, there is no need for such vulgar formalities, I mean what is a title between friends

Sheldon: Sorry Dr .. Brock, I don’t know what’s wrong with me, I just have no energy, I can’t be bothered to do anything and well … I feel trapped.

DB: Trapped? How do you mean?

Sheldon: I just feel like I am carrying all this baggage with me, everywhere I go its there … on my back, and I’m so tired all the time

DB (smiling and nodding in an understanding way) : Well it is almost time for your winter nap Sheldon and you aren’t getting any younger

Sheldon: I don’t want to keep wasting my life by sleeping it away a season at a time

DB: Really? Sheldon I’m going to be honest I think you need to get out more, embrace life! Do you play an instrument or have a hobby?

Sheldon: Well I used to like a bit of a swim, quite fancied myself as a Turtle when I was a nipper, my Brother is one actually … we have lost touch now and I’m not very musical either to be honest.

DB: Tis a shame that, I used to play Sax when I was at Uni … used to be in a band … Dr Brock and the Renegades of Funk!, Oh those were the days I have a brother myself he plays with that Seymour Jazz Crab fellow. Done ever so well for himself really.

Sheldon: Like I said doc I’m not very musical.

DB: Quite, what you need Sheldon my old friend is to come out of your shell

Sheldon: Easier said than done that really.

DB: Nonsense, there are procedures these days that can set a person free!

Sheldon (nervously): Procedures?

DB: Maybe you have heard of them Shellodectomy’s ?

Sheldon: Shello…..

DB: Dectomy’s, they have been used for years to help disillusioned Snails to realize their dreams as slugs and more recently we have pioneered the reverse shellodectomy which of course entails the disillusioned Slugs becoming snails.

Sheldon: I’m not really a slug type of person ….

DB: Of course you’re not! And I would never allow anyone to cast such a shadow on you, but how would you feel about being a sloth? We would have to start you off with some hormones to encourage the fur and you would have to live as one for a while before we removed that shell of yours

Sheldon (confused) : A Sloth?

DB: Yes imagine it, hanging around without a care in the world, no pesky hibernations and most importantly Sheldon dear fellow no Shell weighing you down at every turn! You would be free to do as you please!

Sheldon: Well it does sound quite nice

DB: Nice? If I wasn’t so happy in my fur I would jump at the chance!

Sheldon: Well can I have a think about it?

DB: Of course you can dear boy, We can’t rush into things like this can we now.

Sheldon: Well thank you Doctor, I’ll have a think and I’ll come back to you

Sheldon stands up, the animals shake hands and with a beaming smile Doctor Brock embraces the confused Tortoise.

DB: Everything will work out just fine, I’m sure of it.

Narrator: Here in Happy Green Forest it’s the little things that are important, like having good friends and being comfortable in your own skin.

Sheldon decides he does want to live as a Sloth and is soon known as Gary Three Toes, meanwhile Dr Brock reforms the renegades of funk.

Life is good Children.

Take Care You.

Sheldon: I don’t think I’m much of a Gary really.

1 comment:

Suprih's Blog said...

Today You published Yet Even More Happy Green Forest ,I thought you were creative, so you could make a great content.

You have a cool blog.

Don't had stopped contributing your sparkling idea in this blog. I was convinced this blog really useful.

May you be successful …….

Don't forget browse here: www.enblog-gh.blogspot.com