Wednesday 20 August 2008

Escapism is Real

Is there such a thing as a Perfect Life? I often speak to people who say they have it. Personally, I do not think it exists. What is perfect to you? It’s probably different than my own ideas. Perfect to me is having a partner who loves and respects me, a healthy sex life, no financial worries, no health issues, healthy, well behaved and good mannered children, a nice home, regular holidays and a good social life. Well, they are the main points of my ‘perfect’ life. In reality, the list is endless, which leads me back to my original question.


My perfect life idea is based around feelings and emotions, rather than material possessions. I guess I am lucky. I have a partner who loves and respects me. I have children who love me and I think, together, we all have a lovely life together. But, things are missing. I want other things, and to achieve this I have my escapism.


We are friends, we are lovers. We have fun, we laugh, we make love, we have sex, we dine, we drink, we talk on the phone, we chat on the internet. We respect each other. We love each other. We have respect for one another and we respect each other’s ‘real’ life. Nothing we do on the surface raises suspicion or question. We do not hurt anyone. We make our own lives more fulfilled.

Escapism – for real.

No comments: