Thursday 4 September 2008

Half Full/Half Empty

Half full, or half empty?

Does it really matter? Does it make the slightest bit of difference?

“Ooh, you just said the glass is half empty, that’s makes you a pessimist. I ALWAYS say the glass is half full, I always have. That makes me an optimist.”

Wonderful, you’re an optimist, you see the brighter side of things. You see refreshment where others see a resource dwindling. But does that make you a better human? Does that make you the second coming of whatever false deity you believe in? Will your life actually be any better, or simply more full of disappointment because you didn’t see the shitty way that you’re treated, until the last minute, because you were too fucking blind to take any fucking notice.

Will your life be any better than mine, where I’m hardened to the shit that the world throws at us? I understand that life isn’t all flowers and fluffy bunnies, I’m prepared for the shit storm that’s just over the horizon. I’m not going to drive myself mad wishing that everything would just be a little happier.

Well, because of that, I’ve trained myself to always see the glass as half full, despite being naturally pessimistic, and seeing the bad in everyone first.

Kind of pissed on your chips there didn’t I?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Has anyone ever actually pissed on their chips?