Tuesday 22 July 2008

First Date

Where is she?

I thought she would be here by now.

I hoped she would be here by now.

I want her to be here now

I look at my watch

Maybe she is stuck in traffic?

Maybe her car broke down?

Maybe she was late getting out of work?

Maybe she isn’t coming?

Don’t think that

I got here really early

Couldn’t wait to leave the house

I felt sick all the way here

Nerves and excitement

I glance at my watch again

Five to

She could still be early

How long does one wait?

I have never done this before

I look around the crowded streets hoping to see her

Its only when you are single that you see all the couples

Funny that

Nine O’clock

Here she comes

Her beaming smile

Laced with nerves

My heart melts

If you don’t believe in love at first sight

You just haven’t seen the person you love yet

No comments: